A Brief History
Spring Canyon has served as the Western retreat center of Officers’ Christian Fellowship since 1962. While we most often serve military families, Spring Canyon exists to serve individuals and groups from all walks of life who desire a place to come and experience genuine Christian community. OCF is a ministry that seeks to help Christians in the military society and their families grow together in their relationship with God and others, and to unite them in biblical fellowship and outreach. Generations of military leaders have been encouraged, emboldened, and equipped to live out their faith through the ministry of OCF and Spring Canyon.
What We Believe
As part of the Conference Center Ministry of OCF, Spring Canyon adheres to the OCF Purpose and Vision Statements, and OCF’s Statement of Doctrine.
Statement of Doctrine
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the Old and New Testaments as originally written are the verbally inspired Word of God, and accept them as the supreme and all-sufficient authority in faith and life.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God, but that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death, but also spiritual death which is eternal separation from God; and that each human being is born with a sinful nature and cannot by his own efforts please God.
- We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit, was born of the Virgin Mary and is true God and true man.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins as our vicarious sacrifice in accordance with the Scripture, and that all who believe in Him are cleansed of their sins by His shed blood and are justified before God.
- We believe that all who by faith receive the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit and so become the children of God, to live with Him through all eternity.
- We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into heaven, and in His present life there as our High Priest and Advocate.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and unjust; the eternal blessedness of the saved; and the everlasting, conscious punishment of the lost.
- We believe in the personal, visible and glorious return of the Lord Jesus Christ to this earth.
To glorify God by uniting Christian officers for biblical fellowship and outreach, equipping and encouraging them to minister effectively in the military society.
In 2 Corinthians 5:20, the Apostle Paul describes Christians as Christ’s ambassadors to a lost world. We believe God calls military believers to be His ambassadors to the Armed Forces. OCF exists to help you become a more effective ambassador, integrating faith and profession with excellence.
To be a dynamic community of Christian military leaders, integrating faith and profession, serving with a passion for God and a calling to the military.