A series of week-long retreats featuring outstanding programs for the whole family.
The cornerstone of Spring Canyon programs, Summer Celebration is a series of week-long retreats featuring outstanding programs for the whole family. Enabling families to leave behind the weight of deployments, separations and relocations, husbands and wives are able to reconnect in a romantic setting through time together, vibrant teaching and small group sessions led by respected speakers. Teens and children have the opportunity to grow in their faith and build lasting friendships through exciting age-appropriate adventures under the guidance of our exceptional teaching staff. Each celebration features a different speaker and theme focusing on relevant spiritual topics, family and faith.
A Typical Celebration Week
Every Summer Celebration is designed to provide our guests with a refreshing balance of scheduled activities and plenty of free time. During your stay, you can expect:
- Delicious home-cooked meals served family-style in our historic Hartley Holmes Lodge three times daily.
- Lodge & cabin accommodations with wood-burning fireplaces & gorgeous mountain views for seven nights.
- Walking access to the Colorado Trail, scenic Cottonwood Lake, our very own beaver ponds & more.
- Discount passes to local attractions & a variety of outdoor activities.
- Exciting, age-appropriate programs for children & teens with Biblically-sound curriculum.
- Outstanding seasonal & full-time staff members devoted to serving you.
- Vibrant teaching & small group discussions for adults.
Our children’s program, features wilderness-based educational activities rooted in Biblical truth. We hire incredible young teachers from across the country each summer and strive for a teacher-child ratio of 1:5 at all times. All teachers must be CPR and First Aid certified. Children are grouped by ages (0-2, 3-5, 6-8, 9-12) and activities include arts and crafts, exploring God’s creation, archery, horseback riding, fishing, and indoor rock climbing.
The teen program at Spring Canyon is intended for ages 13-18 and features Biblical discussions, exciting group activities, team challenges, and outdoor adventures. The teen program leaders are selected from members of our outdoor programs guide staff and are CPR and Wilderness First Aid certified. Teen activities include team building, wilderness fort creation, high ropes course, overnight camping and more.
Additional childcare is available by request during your stay at Spring Canyon. Childcare is provided by our seasonal teaching staff and can be scheduled at our main office in Hartley Holmes Lodge. We kindly ask that all childcare requests be made a minimum of 24 hours in advance for scheduling purposes. Childcare is offered at an additional cost.
SPEAKER | Wesley Dickenson TOPIC | Homeschooling Week -- Classical Conversations Practicum GUEST AMBASSADOR | TBD TOPICClassical Conversations’ 2020 Summer Practicum will focus on Cultivating the Conversation: The Art of Exposition. During the week, we’ll celebrate ways to cultivate conversations at every level, with every child, on any topic - academic or otherwise. We will focus on tools that make [...]
SPEAKER | Chaplain (LTC) Rod Mills, USA (Ret.) TOPIC | "Becoming Thriving Families of the Kingdom" GUEST AMBASSADOR | LTC Jim and Christina Harbridge, USA (Ret.) (This week is open to anyone, but if you are part of the Leavenworth OCF Ministry this is the week designated for you. This week starts after the CGSC Graduation. If you [...]
SPEAKER | CH (CDR) Jim Ellis, USN (Ret.) TOPIC | "The Story of Your Marriage" GUEST AMBASSADOR | TBD TOPIC Everybody loves a captivating story. Intrigue, wonder and excitement are often parts of a good story. So are challenges, disappointment, forgiveness and reconciliation. This week will intertwine three stories: The Biblical Story, Your Personal Story and Your Marriage Story. Where [...]
SPEAKER | Chap (Maj Gen) Dondi Costin, USAF (Ret.) TOPIC | TBD GUEST AMBASSADOR | TBD BIO Dondi E. Costin, Ph.D., serves as the third President of Charleston Southern University, Charleston, South Carolina. Doctor Costin is a native of Wilmington, North Carolina, and was commissioned a second lieutenant upon graduation from The United States Air Force Academy in 1986. After [...]
SPEAKER | Pastor Keith Peck TOPIC | "Daniel: Living with Courage, Clarity & Hope in an Age of Compromise & Confusion" GUEST AMBASSADOR | TBD TOPIC A 5’7” white male was recently interviewing college students. He asked, “What would you say if I told you I was a female?” Then, “What would you say if I told you I [...]
SPEAKERS | Roc Bottomly & Lyle Dorsett TOPICS | "The Love of God" & "Learning to Pray" GUEST AMBASSADOR | Dr. (Col) Arnie Ahnfeldt, USA (Ret.) and Dr. (Col) Jeff Ginther, USA (Ret.) TOPIC THE LOVE OF GOD. It is the most important subject in the world! It is only as we realize and receive God’s love for us that we [...]
Celebrate Your Way
We know just how valuable it is to spend time together, especially for the military family, and we want to make sure that you are able to get the most out of your Colorado vacation during your stay. This is why extended free time is built into every day of Summer Celebration, enabling our guests to partake in all that the Rocky Mountains have to offer. Many activities can be enjoyed right here on our 107-acre property, or within minutes of Spring Canyon. We are happy to make the reservations for you when you enroll in one of our Summer Packages featured below. Featured here are just a few of the many additional opportunities available to you during your stay at Spring Canyon:
Available at Spring Canyon:
- Explore the Colorado Trail
- Hike to Cottonwood Lake
- Indoor Rock Climbing
- Guided Outdoor Climbing & Rappelling
- Mountain Biking
- High Ropes Course
- Challenge/Leadership Course
- Kayaking and Canoeing in our High Alpine Ponds
- Fly Fishing in Cottonwood Creek
Available in Buena Vista:
- Discover Colorado’s #1 Raft Trip with Noah’s Ark Colorado Rafting
- Brown’s Canyon Colorado Aerial Adventure Park & Ziplines
- Mt. Princeton Hot Springs Resort
- 100’s of miles of hiking trails in the area
- Fish the Gold Medal Arkansas River
- Explore the Alpine Tunnel at Hancock Pass
- Feed the Chipmunks at St. Elmo Ghost Town
- Discover Brown’s Canyon National Monument
- Stand Up Paddle Board (SUP) the BV River Park
- Summit a Colorado Fourteener
- Backcountry Jeeping with BV Jeeps
- Explore Fourmile Recreation Area by ATVs
- Collegiate Peaks Golf Course
- Take a Scenic Drive along Independence Pass
- Visit the Continental Divide at Cottonwood Pass
- Tour a Local Brewery or Winery
- Visit the Buena Vista Heritage Museum
Activities are optional and may involve additional fees.
“Thank you for an exceptional experience! You provided us with wonderful time to spend together as a family. This was life-changing.”
2020 Summer Celebration Rate Information
|ADULTS/TEENS (13+)||Youth (6-12)||Child (3-5)|